This is an Enterprise feature.
- Select the main Studio button on the lower right corner of the dashboard to open the New Data Provider dialog
- Select Dremio
- Enter the data provider information:
- Name: This is the name that ChartFactor Studio will use to refer to your data provider within your visualizations
- URL: This is the URL of your Dremio instance. See the next section to enable CORS for Dremio.
- User: This user needs to exist in your Dremio instance and needs to be authorized to view the data you will visualize
- Password: The password of the user above
A picture of the data provider window with sample information is below.
Select the SAVE button
CORS for Dremio¶
To enable CORS, simply front Dremio with a reverse proxy. Please refer to this Github Gist for instructions on how to run Dremio with CORS.
Why to enable CORS: You need to enable CORS when you deploy Dremio behind a different domain or port than ChartFactor Studio, such as when you use ChartFactor Studio Community Edition. Otherwise, ChartFactor Studio will notify you with a "Dremio: Connection Error" message. When opening your browser console, you will see CORS restrictions errors. The message in the console is something like this: