April 26, 2019
- New Time zone support: ChartFactor now supports time zone conversions for all time fields of a source and for specific fields. It includes a "local" time zone setting that automatically converts time to the time zone where the user is located.
- New Flexible date and time format support: Users can now define the exact date and time format for all fields or for specific fields of a source.
- New Flexible number formatting: Users can now define number spearators, decimal point, decimal places, and anything else to render numeric types exactly as they desire. They can define number formats for all fields or for specific fields of a source.
- New Currency support: Users can now define the currency of MONEY fields for all fields or for specific fields of a source. They can also specify the position where its currency symbol should be rendered.
- Visualization transition improvements to better support playing data
- KSQL streaming data provider improvements and fixes
- Color range support improvements
- KPI visualization improvements with more fine-grained color configurations
- Label auto-coloring for Tree Map and Heat Map depending on luminosity of background color
- Heat Map visualization improvements with option to print values inside shapes and with auto-adjusting margins and labels. Note: Heat Map grid margins may need to be adjusted after upgrade, specially left and top margins.
- Time Slider color syntax improvements
- BigQuery data provider update for new Google BigQuery client api
- New Self-service UI: Now it's easier than ever to create data applications using Studio. Users can configure many of the charts with an intuitive user interface. They can see the generated code as they change settings and they can also switch to code editing if they prefer. And it is backwards compatible with your existing Studio apps, just open your widgets and Studio will render their UI settings according to your existing code. Supported charts for this release are: Bars, Disk, Donut, Packed Bubbles, Pie, Nested Pie, Tree Map, Tree Map 2D, Trend, and Word Cloud. Note that charts not covered by the self-service UI yet, such as multimetric bars, multimetric trend, and others, will open with the code editor as usual.
- New Studio CLI tool: Generate native html/js/css applications in seconds from Studio files. It supports individual and multi-tab applications with cross-tab and cross-source filtering.
- Improved CFS file format so that canges can be easily tracked by version cotrol diff tools. It is backwards compatible with the previous format.
- Home page usability improvements
- Metadata window usability improvements
March 6, 2019
- New Time Slider component is out, we believe it is the most advanced time slider in the industry. Its main features are:
- Zoom-in/zoom-out functionality allows users to visualize the full time range of their data within the width of their screen and seemlessly zoom-in from years to months to days, hours, minutes, seconds, deci-seconds, etc. using their mouse wheel or trackpad gestures.
- Zoom control provides an alternative way for users to zoom-in and zoom-out. It also gives a visual clue on how far the time slider is zoommed in or out.
- Dynamic time selection allows users to select different time ranges without having to drag time handles
- Dynamic time pickers provide users another option to select date/time ranges. The pickers adjust depending on the resolution of the data.
- Dynamic scroll bar allows users to navigate through the expanded time slider. The size of the scroll bar follows the size of the expanded time slider given the current zoom level.
- Data Player allows users to play streaming data in near-real-time fashion. It also allows to pause and re-play historical data. The Data Player also includes these features:
- Configurable step size when replaying historical data. For example: Advance 1 DAY on each step.
- Configurable refresh interval in seconds plus the "immediate" option
- Pinnable left handle to provide incremental in addition to rolling time windows
- Live mode to visualize sources in near-real-time as the data arrives
- Autoplay mode to start playing data as soon as the application loads. It removes the need to click on the Play button which is perfect for war room dashboards.
- Dynamic presets allow easy configuration of time ranges such as today, yesterday, this year, this month, etc. Users can provide their own presets.
- Custom colors allow users to change the look of the time slider to match their application colors or dashboard themes.
- Robust color support - enhanced our existing color support as follows:
- Color by Metric: In addition to previously supported metric-driven color gradients, ChartFactor now supports color ranges. Users can specify different ranges and the color they would like to use for them. Charts and legends will render according to the configuration provided.
- Color by Attribute: In addition to previously supported color auto-assignment according to configurable color pallettes, ChartFactor now supports manually assigning colors to attribute values. This is useful when users need to assign specific colors to specific attribute values across charts. Charts and legends will render according to the configuration provided.
- New Sankey visualization with flexible data support. Users can render it using pivot-type queries, multi-queries to obtain nodes and links, and with static data.
- The Filter Control component was renamed to Interaction Manager to better reflect its functions. Please use imanager() or graph("Interaction Manager") instead of fc() or .graph("Filter Control"). The change is backwards compatible. Using the old names prints a deprecation warning in the console.
- Rendering improvements for visualizations and tables when the Time player is on
- Slicer improvements when configured to move selected items to the top to avoid jumpiness after selecting items
- Improved metadata definition to make field types case insensitive
- All new functionality also available using ChartFactor Studio
- Bug fixes on Studio metadata window when using multiple data providers on the same dashboard
- Documentation content and organization improvements
January 15, 2019
- Interaction Management: Filter Rules enhancement allows to easily customize how visualizations react to user interactions beyond standard drill hierarchy definitions
- Interaction Management: Filter Events enhancement allows full customization at any point of a filter life cycle
- Static Filters enhancement allows to specify filters that should always be applied to a visualization regardless of user interactions.
- Optimizer now avoids executing a query for a visualization when only client filters change
- Slicer client filter support
- Slicer sort improvements
- New Geo Map visualization with the following main features:
- Geo Shape mode: this mode is activated when users group by a single attribute plus metrics, and provide a shape file. The shape file is in GeoJSON format. The shapes are selectable/filterable when interacting with other visualizations.
- Map Markers mode where users group by latitude, longitude, other attributes plus metrics. In this case, one marker represents one or many events happening on the selected location (e.g. 311 calls)
- Map Markers mode where users perform a raw query that includes latitude, longitude, and any other fields. In this case, one marker represents a single event. Multiple events on the same location will render multiple markers.
- Additional Geo Map features:
- Configurable marker shapes and colors
- Configurable initial zoom and center position
- Configurable maximum and minimum zoom positions
- Zoom-in, zoom-out, and panning events for full behavior customization
- Configurable palettes for Geo shapes
- Limit option for Map Markers with raw queries
- Additional configuration information in Maps documentation
- Auto-test additions for BigQuery and Elasticsearch data providers
December 10, 2018
- New Multi-Attribute Trend visualization enables users to trend data with each line representing a combination multiple attributes in addition to time. Applicable in financial sector use cases.
- Enhanced Raw Data Table visualization to allow column groupings and advanced custom formatting options
- Enhanced Raw Data Table with advanced export functionality
- Enhanced Slicer component with showSearch configuration
- Improved wildcard support for metadata definitions. This is useful when applying the same field types, labels, and derived fields across similar sources.
- Addressed derived field issues including custom sort order functionality on multi-group configurations
- Sunburst visualization label and client filter improvements
- Pivot drill-in support with time fields
- Improved Studio export/import functionality
- Updated BigQuery data provider with the latest Google API client
- Addressed all 1.9 reported issues
- Our Studio demo application "London Fire Brigade Calls" now pulls data from our Elasticsearch server instead of Google BigQuery. This was done per requests from users since they previously had to sign up to Google Cloud, provide their credit card number, and create a Google Cloud project, simply to get to play with the Studio sample app.
October 30, 2018
- Google BigQuery
- Includes support for nested array structures
- Visualization packages built as npm modules
- Markdown text widget
- Data Providers auto test improvements with baseline dataset across SQL and NoSQL providers
- Derived fields support at the aggregate level for calculated metrics and attributes
- Count distinct support across providers
- Elasticsearch data provider improvements
- Donut visualization improvements when grouping by time
- Performance testing and improvements
- AQL validation improvements
- Data visualization watermarks for Community Edition
- Documentation and Live Examples website supporting multiple versions
- Community website for user discussions
- ChartFactor download pages with license agreement functionality
- ChartFactor home page improvements
- ChartFactor website security improvements to prevent access to all its components before launch
- Floating Bubbles fail on SQL-based data providers when the two group attributes are the same and only one metric is selected. Solution is to select different attributes for the two groups.
- Trend Attribute Values visualization displays count metric twice in tooltips
- Studio: manually removing a filter element in the Code Editor, is not removing that filter from the visual. The workaround is to close the editor and remove the value using the Interaction Manager.
August 8, 2018
- New Data Visualizations
- KPI and Gauge visualizations
- Heat Map visualization
- Sunburst visualization
- Word Cloud visualization
- Packed Bubbles visualization
- Box Plot visualization
- Floating Bubbles visualization
- Histogram visualization
- Dremio data provider
- Improvements and fixes across SQL-based providers
- Nulls on main group in multi-group aggregation was not included
- Limit in multi-group aggregation was not respected
- Auto tests of data providers enriched with multi-groups, time aggregations, and different sort criteria
- Interaction Manager drill-in functionality
- Range Filter editable limits
- Slicer component
June 8, 2018
- Data providers as npm modules that can run independently either on the browser or on the server
- Client filter implementation for Vector Map and Trend Line use cases
- Range Filter component
- Auto-unit tests for data providers
- Disk visualization improvements to support multiple metrics
- New Data Visualizations
- Grouped Bars
- Multiple-metric Bars
- Multiple-metric Trend Lines
- Horizontal Bars
- Pivot Table improvements for range filters
- Vector Map improvements for better color support
- Negative validations and unit tests
- End-to-end auto-test improvements
April 17, 2018
- Search component with support of Lucene Query Syntax to work with the Elasticsearch data provider
- Raw data table term highlighting feature
- Improved Disk visualization to match hours received in a clock fashion
- Pivot table implementation
- Includes row, column, and full totals
- Supports all data providers
- Full featured demo in website with draggable rows and columns
- Improved themes and palettes support
- Vector map visualizations with out-of-the-box shapes for World Countries and US States
- Raw Data Table formatting improvements for numbers, timestamps, and strings
- Studio improvements of look and feel, and home page functionality
- Studio reload of charts without resetting them
- Studio themes support
- Studio Pivot table integration with Interaction Manager support
January 9, 2018
- AQL (Aktive Query Language) for RDT (Raw Data Table) should allow to bring all fields by default and ability to exclude a few of them
- Implemented scalable way to update charts options
- Implementation to allow injecting data to charts as an option when data needs to be obtained separately
- ElasticSearch Provider
- Most visualization supported
- Date range filters
- Min, max, sum, avg aggregations
- Sort by time (ascending) in AQL
- Support count distinct aggregation
- Support source wildcards at the CF level
- Area line y-axis label fix (same issue across providers)
- Network visualization implementation
- Time Range Filter (TRF) widget. Support all time granularities and drill-in.
- Time Range Picker (TRP) with presets and time player. It works together with the TRF.
October 21, 2017
- Calculated fields support for Zoomdata provider
- Added release tag to header in minified js file. Release tag is a timestamp in the format 20171115 14:42 UTC
- Pivot query is using the wrong source. Making sure it uses the source specified in the AQL
- React demo
- Line Trend Attribute Values: turning labels off and on changes the size of the chart. It should be left with its original size.
- ReferenceError: BigNumberFormatter is not defined when removing labels from Line Trend Attribute Values
- Edit dialog resizing: Data/Settings/Color bar is rendered over the dialog header. Also, text is rendered over the dialog header bar.
- Added arrow with animation to call users’ attention, telling them they can use the Edit button to change the chart settings.
- Datazoom bar default position is too close to x-axis labels on Line Trend Attribute Values and Area Line charts
September 21, 2017
- Pivot query implementation for Zoomdata provider
- Legend support for metric coloring
- Tooltips correctly formatted as integer with comma separator when applicable
- Implementation for bars, pie, donut, trend attribute values, scatter, tree map
- Initial support for the Zoomdata provider
- Implemented events that developers can listen to when building functionality across charts
- Implemented how to interact with chart options (colors, legends, axis properties, marklines)
- Legend support
- Color configuration
- More option
- AQL functions for Raw Data query
August 4, 2017
- Initial Bars implementation
- Initial events that developers can listen to when building functionality around bars
- Developed metadata specification for toolkit and added example using our SparkSQL demo server
- Complete all AQL functions
- Multi-group window (up to 2 for now)
- Filters, including time filters
- Time granularities